In memory of Nathaniel Hall, my Maternal 8th Great-Grandfather on the HARVEY branch.
- "The Halls of New England. Genealogical and Biographical" by David B. Hall, 1883, p. 219 and 226.
- "Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F73N-D8N : 7 January 2020), Nathaniel Hall, 1723.
- "Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F74J-P5Q : 7 January 2020), Nathaniel Hall, 1722.
- "Connecticut Births and Christenings, 1649-1906", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F73N-JV4 : 7 January 2020), Nathaniel Hall in entry for Deborah Hall, 1748.
Genealogy is my hobby and the information provided here is a work in progress. I have loads of information to add and new finds are continually being discovered. If you have any corrections, additions, or comments to contribute, please use the comment box below. Visit the Latest Updates page to see when this Ancestor Profile page is updated.
Maps & Research Links:
1723 Feb 8
Suffield, Hartford, Connecticut
1745 Nov 7
Mansfield, Tolland, Connecticut
1816 July 27
New Haven, Addison, Vermont
New Haven, Addison, Vermont
Nathaniel was the son of Theophilus Hall (1685-1747) and his wife, Ruth Sargeant (1696-1799). He married on November 7, 1745, to Martha Storrs with whom he had 11 children. "Nathaniel received the commission of Lieutentant from the King of England when he was only 18 years of age, he afterwards became Captain and spent his life in military affairs. He was in the French and Indian War (1755-1763) at Quebec. Later he had command of Fort Groton, now New London, Connecticut. He was on half pay when the Revolutionary War broke out. He died at his son Richard's house in New Haven, Addison County, Vermont." [Link]
Nathaniel Hall & Martha Sophia Storrs were the parents of my ancestor,
- Nathaniel Hall Jr (1746-1821)
- Deborah Hall (1748-1844)
- Ruth Hall (1751-1832)
- Olive Hall (b. 1753)
- Martha Hall (1755-1819)
- Andrew Hall (b. 1758)
- Azariah Hall (b. 1760)
- Richard Hall (1762-1843)
- Aaron Hall (b. 1764)
- Asahel Hall (1766-1813)
- Mary Hall (1769-1840)
Records, photos, and memorabilia pertaining to the life of Nathaniel Hall:
I chose AncestryDNA for my DNA test. You can get yours on Amazon and have it in your hands in a couple days! Click here!
Your tributes, comments, corrections and additions are welcome!
Please login to leave a comment. Then reload this page!
Before implementing the site's latest in-site comments platform, two different 3rd-party apps were used to allow users to comment. Click View to view comments posted (if any), on this page. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT COMMENTS OR REPLY TO COMMENTS USING THESE AS THEY WILL SOON BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE. Use the new comments section above instead! Thank you!
Sign up or log in to save this page to your Site Favorites.