In memory of Sarah Moody, my Maternal 8th Great-Grandmother on the HARVEY branch.
- Families of Early Hartford, Conn., p. 239.
- Collections of the Connecticut Historical Society, Vol. 14, p. 612.
- Record of the Descendants of James Ensign and his wife Sarah Elson, 1634-1939.
- Kingsbury-Bush : American ancestry of Wayland Briggs Kingsbury, son of Joseph B. and Hannah Brown Kingsbury, of Windham Co., Vt. and Osage, Iowa, and Flora Jane Bush Kingsbury, daughter of Alva and Eliza Moore Bush of Chautauqua Co., N. Y. and Osage, Iowa, by Forrest Kingsbury, 1958.
- NEHGR Vol 13 p. 146 Hartford Records [Read]
Genealogy is my hobby and the information provided here is a work in progress. I have loads of information to add and new finds are continually being discovered. If you have any corrections, additions, or comments to contribute, please use the comment box below. Visit the Latest Updates page to see when this Ancestor Profile page is updated.
Maps & Research Links:
1702 May 21
1726 Apr 29
1776 Mar 10
West Hartford, Connecticut
Sarah Moody was born on May 21, 1702 and baptized seven days later on May 29th, at the Second Church of Hartford. She married David Ensign on April 29, 1726 and died at the age of 75 on March 10, 1776.
Note: There are some discrepancies about the names of her parents. Some sources report she was a daughter of Samuel Moody, Jr. and Sarah Lane, while other report she was a daughter of Samuel Moody, Jr.’s brother, John, who married Sarah Evetts in 1700. Additional research needed.
Sarah Moody & David Ensign Jr were the parents of my ancestor,
Other known children:
Sarah Ensign, who married Ebenezer Price
Datus Ensign (1729-1787)
Records, photos, and memorabilia pertaining to the life of Sarah Moody:
I chose AncestryDNA for my DNA test. You can get yours on Amazon and have it in your hands in a couple days! Click here!
Your tributes, comments, corrections and additions are welcome!
Please login to leave a comment. Then reload this page!