In memory of George Robinson, my Maternal 3rd Great-Grandfather on the DICKINSON branch.
- Family Search [Link]
- FindMyPast [Link]
- "England and Wales Census, 1871", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VBN1-8XK : 20 January 2022), George Robinson, 1871.
- "England and Wales Census, 1861," database with images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M7DX-PLP : 1 August 2020), George Robinson, Hulme, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom; from "1861 England, Scotland and Wales census," database and images, findmypast (http://www.findmypast.com : n.d.); citing PRO RG 9, The National Archives, Kew, Surrey.
- "Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh City Deaths, 1870-1905," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939V-8LSK-6D?cc=1810412&wc=MFVZ-NWL%3A1029489601 : 21 May 2014), 0505864 (004672770) > image 176 of 696; Allegheny County Courthouse, Pittsburgh.
- 1851 Census England and Wales, North Newbald, Yorkshire, England
- 1861 Census England and Wales, Hulme, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
- 1871 Census England and Wales, Stretford, Lancashire, England
Genealogy is my hobby and the information provided here is a work in progress. I have loads of information to add and new finds are continually being discovered. If you have any corrections, additions, or comments to contribute, please use the comment box below. Visit the Latest Updates page to see when this Ancestor Profile page is updated.
Maps & Research Links:
1839 July 16
Newbald, Yorkshire, England
1860 or earlier
1899 Apr 19
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
George Robinson was reportedly born on the 16th of July, 1839, in Newbald, Yorkshire, England. George was born in the 2nd year of the reign of Queen Victoria who he renounced allegiance to in order to become naturalized citizens of the United States of America. His parents, according to FamilySearch, were John Robinson (1801-1879) and Mary Hall (1799-1871), who were married Dec 24, 1821, at Holy Trinity, Kingston Upon Hull, Yorkshire, England. They lived in North Newbald, Yorkshire, in 1851.
George was a bricklayer by trade and lived in Hulme, Lancashire, England, in 1861 and Stretford, Lancashire, in 1871. He came to America in the 1880s, where he continued his trade as Bricklayer. He lived at 310 Gross Street, near Harry Dickinson, in Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania. George died at the age of 60 from pneumonia on April 19, 1899, in Pittsburgh. He was laid to rest on April 22 in Allegheny Cemetery.
George Robinson & Emma Griffith were the parents of my ancestor,
- Emily Robinson, born abt. 1860, born in Manchester, Lancashire, England.
- Albert Robinson, born abt. 1862, in Hulme, Lancashire, England.
- Lydia Robinson, born abt. 1864, in Patricroft, Lanchashire, England.
- George Robinson, born abt. 1866, in Patrifcroft.
- David Robsinson, born abt. 1867, in Patricroft.
- William H. Robinson, born abt. 1868 in Hulme, Lancashire. He died on July 1, 1890, at the age of 22, from Typhoid Pneumonia. He was a bricklayer.
- Anna "Annie" Robinson, born in Stretford, Lancashire, in 1870.
Records, photos, and memorabilia pertaining to the life of George Robinson:
I chose AncestryDNA for my DNA test. You can get yours on Amazon and have it in your hands in a couple days! Click here!
Your tributes, comments, corrections and additions are welcome!
Please login to leave a comment. Then reload this page!
Before implementing the site's latest in-site comments platform, two different 3rd-party apps were used to allow users to comment. Click View to view comments posted (if any), on this page. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT COMMENTS OR REPLY TO COMMENTS USING THESE AS THEY WILL SOON BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE. Use the new comments section above instead! Thank you!
Sign up or log in to save this page to your Site Favorites.